In our consulting and coaching practice at Steinbrecher And Associates, we help individual managers and entire work teams grow their careers and develop leadership abilities through intense, yet highly rewarding experiences of self-awareness. One of the critical tools we use to help our clients to grow and develop is an ability-based Emotional Intelligence assessment.
When the concept of Emotional Intelligence first began to make headlines in the mid-1990s, it was proposed to be the answer to a critical mystery: why do some leaders prove to be far more successful than their peers, regardless of differences in cognitive ability (IQ). In fact, many leaders with high IQs struggle greatly to motivate, influence, and inspire their work teams.
We have collected overwhelming evidence across 40 years in the scientific literature that IQ only accounts for about 25 percent overall leadership work performance. How then do we account for the remaining 75 percent? Decades of research now points to Emotional Intelligence as being one of the critical factors that separate the star performers from the mediocre performers on your team.
What sets Steinbrecher And Associates apart?
Would you have job applicants or employee candidates for a promotion take a self-opinion survey to measure their IQ? Of course you wouldn’t, and yet this is precisely how the vast majority of consulting firms will assess the Emotional Intelligence of your leaders! So that they are able to start coaching emotional intelligence. In study after study, behavioral scientists have shown that people are very poor judges of their own intellectual abilities, both cognitive and emotional. Unlike other consulting firms, we do not rely on instruments that simply measure self-reported opinions about one’s Emotional intelligence. Instead, we rely exclusively on an ability-based assessment of Emotional Intelligence.
Emotional Intelligence represents very real, measurable differences in mental ability between leaders to recognize, assimilate, and regulate their emotions across a wide range of social situations. The entire spectrum of emotions that leaders publicly express, all carry the potential to alter the thoughts and feelings of employees, and only some of this impact is beneficial.
Emotionally intelligent leaders have a heightened ability to accurately appraise emotional data (social inputs), and then channel or direct this information to positively manage social situations and relationships (social outputs). The good news is that these abilities can be developed and improved. For instance, this is seen in relation to how businesses interact with their customers and how a customer can form a relationship with a brand. It all works on a similar level, and you can read more about it on this Salesforce blog.
We are uniquely qualified to help our clients by carefully debriefing the extensive results of their Emotional Intelligence test. Each individual leader will obtain a very personal and profound understanding of how their unique score patterns show-up in day-to-day work situations.
At Steinbrecher And Associates, we understand that no two leaders are ever alike. The unique development needs of one’s Emotional Intelligence is a crucial component of achieving truly breakthrough work performance.
Through our proven coaching methodologies, we have helped hundreds of managers expand their careers, win job promotions and realize higher levels of responsibility and success then they ever thought possible.