What We Do

Our expertise is helping companies develop their most valuable asset—their people.

Steinbrecher has collected overwhelming evidence—from 40+ years of scientific literature—that IQ accounts for only 25 percent of overall leadership work performance. How then do we account for the remaining 75 percent? Decades of research now point to emotional intelligence as being the critical factor that separates star performers from mediocre performers.

Unlike other consulting firms, we don’t rely on documents that simply measure self-reported opinions about one’s emotional intelligence. Instead, we rely exclusively on an ability-based assessment of emotional intelligence.

Emotional Intelligence represents very real, measurable differences in mental ability between leaders to recognize, assimilate, and regulate their emotions across a wide range of business interactions and social situations. 

Emotionally intelligent leaders have a heightened ability to accurately appraise emotional data (social inputs), and then channel or direct this information to positively manage situations and relationships.